Are you a current Carpentries instructor based at the University of Chicago? Welcome to the community! We ask that you do the following:
- Submit a pull request with your information to the About page
- Attend monthly Carpentries Club meetings
- Join our Slack to connect with other instructors at the university - email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to be added
I am an first-time lead instructor and wondering where to start with getting a workshop setup. Do you have a good set of tips?
We have developed a set of tips and a workshop checklist that we think is useful for new instructors. If you have any suggestions we would love to include them!
How can workshop attendees can continue their learning at the University of Chicago after the workshop is done?
Here are a few resources that we know of:
- Research Computing Center: offers research and training throughout the year on various computing topics
- UChicago-KISS: social science graduate student organization to support with learning programming and research methods. Please contact Colin Quirk if you are interested in participating in the group.
- R Bar at Harris School of Public Policy: student-run support for R-related needs, mostly for Harris students
- R-Ladies Chicago / Py-Ladies Chicago: Monthly Meetups for women and gender minorities in the area
How do I get a Carpentries sticker for my laptop?
Come to a Carpentries Club meeting to get a sticker!